The following contingency plans must be created:
- Computer Emergency Response Plan: Who is to be contacted, when, and how? What immediate actions must be taken in the event of certain occurrences?
- Succession Plan: Describe the flow of responsibility when normal staff is unavailable to perform their duties.
- Data Study: Detail the data stored on the systems, its criticality, and its confidentiality.
- Criticality of Service List: List all the services provided and their order of importance. It also explains the order of recovery in both short-term and long-term time-frames.
- Data Backup and Restoration Plan: Detail which data is backed up, the media to which it is saved, where that media is stored, and how often the backup is done. It should also describe how that data could be recovered.
- Equipment Replacement Plan: Describe what equipment is required to begin to provide services, list the order in which it is necessary, and note where to purchase the equipment.
- Mass Media Management: Who is in charge of giving information to the mass media?Also provide some guidelines on what data is appropriate to be provided.